Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

On Saturday, the hubs & I went out to a local pumpkin patch with my nephews, my mom & my brother & sister-in-law. We do this every year & its such a blast. The pumpkin patch has a petting zoo, rides, kettle korn, you even take a hayride out to the patch to pick out your pumpkin. It was quite breezy on Saturday, kicking up dust the whole time we were there, so we didn't stay as long as we usually do. The poor kids had dirt in their eyes most of the time.

Well last night, we carved our pumpkins at home. We didn't get a chance to do it with the boys, but this was probably a good thing b/c it was quite a struggle. Anyway, they turned out pretty good, for how much work we did, they had better!


Note to self--> Next year paint the pumpkins, much easier than carving. I think my finger has carpel tunnel.

1 comment:

Renea said...

Very cute! We did the same thing this past weekend. You are right about it being difficult to carve. I made hubby do it! :)