Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Comfort Food: Country Skillet Supper

As fall weather appears, I am able to pull out the handy dandy "Fall Recipes" document. Within this document I keep links to fall food recipes I want to try or even just a reminder of something I have made in the past, but haven't had in ages.

One of the tried but true recipes is for Country Skillet Supper, courtesy of Campbell's Kitchen. I made this, probably last year sometime, because I had Golden Mushroom soup in the pantry & I was looking for recipes that required ground beef.

My husband loves "one pot wonders" & this is one of his favorites. I like it because it has vegetables in it also & is pretty easy to make. I make a few adjustments so I will type the recipe on how I make it.


Country Skillet Supper
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 zucchini, sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups corkscrew pasta, uncooked

In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions & garlic. Drain excess fat & add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms brown up.

Add zucchini, mushroom soup, beef broth, & tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Add pasta. Cover & cook for about 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.

We top ours with cheese. You can omit this & the additional mushrooms if you'd like.
We are just mushroom lovers.

No comments: