Monday, October 1, 2007

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas!

Why didn't I think of this before! I was looking for some enchilada recipes b/c that's what the hubs wanted for dinner on Friday. I usually just use the recipe on the back of the enchilada sauce, but I was bored on Friday & went on a search. I went through many blogs & recipe websites & came up with this.


Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used Healthy Request)
1/2 cup of sour cream
about 2-2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
1 can enchilada sauce
flour tortillas (I used fajita size)
shredded cheese, cheddar or Mexican mix

Preheat oven to 350F.
Mix the cream of chicken soup,sour cream & about 1/4 the enchilada sauce together. Add the chicken & 1/2 of the cheese.
In baking dish, cover the bottom with enchilada sauce. Assemble the enchiladas & place in baking dish.
Cover with remaining sauce & sprinkle with cheese.
Cook for about 20 mins or until bubbly.
Top with sliced avocado.

We really enjoyed these. I had a lot leftover (big surprise) so I made an additional dish of enchiladas & froze them for later use.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

These look sooo good! Nice touch with the avocados! Yumm!

Leslie said...

Perfect! I was just looking for a chicken enchilada recipe and I am so making these!

Jaime said...

These look great! Next time we are craving enchilada's this is the recipe I'm using!