Saturday, July 14, 2007

Aloha!



Well, now that I am finally getting caught up from our 9 day get away to Maui, I can update my blog!! Enough of that, onto the island paradise of Maui.
I must agree with everyone else who has been to Maui & say it is beautiful. I would move there in a heartbeat. The people are very nice, the island is very pretty & of course, the food was fabulous! So fresh & so interesting! We, of course, ate out a lot & didn't take pictures of all the food, but here are some samplings. I'll have multiple posts or else this would be a VERY long one :-)

Breakfast: Room Service Ritz Carlton
So we arrived at our hotel about 2am Maui time, which is about 7am KC time. Yikes! Our flight was delayed 4 hours & there was a wild fire that ate up 2400 acres of land in Maui, forcing some closures of the main highway. By the time we actually woke up, you could have served us anything & we would have said it was the best thing ever.


I am dingy & didnt take the lids off before I took the picture but we had your basic american breakfast, with some Kona coffee. They did have interesting jam options, guava jam & orange jam. Both very tasting.

Kapalua Food & Wine Festival
While at the Ritz, the annual Food & Wine festival was going on (I swear I didnt plan the trip around this) Oh you wino's would have been in heaven! We only went to the Grand tasting, there were many more events over the weekend, but we didn"t go to Maui for this so we went to just one. You can see more at http://www.kapalua.com/recreation/events/kwff/


Official Name: Frito Chevre Queso de Cabra Frito with Broiled Endive & radicchio, Spanish Sherry Viniagrette

Up next was some grilled veggies (eggplant, asparagus, artichokes, tomatoes & salami.

Official Name: Grilled Asparagus, roasted veggies, fried eggplant, marinated olives, manchego cheese.
I don't know what this is, but it was tasty!

Official Name: Borrego Entero Assado with Roast garlic, olive, white bean ragu.
This was a bread salad of some sort & was also delicious. Who would have thought, bread salad??


Official Name: Panzanella Salad
The most delicious dessert ever!

I think its called Pastel de Tres Leche,
like little sponge cakes soaked in evaporated milk, vanilla & I think nutmeg.
There was so much more food, but it was really hard to take pictures, carry the plate & hold my glass of wine. I chose the wine & food over the pictures.

There were 5 regions of wines, I think about 6 tents set up like the one below. We had Wines of the Southern Hemisphere, tour of California, Wines of the Pacific Northwest, Sparkling wines from around the world & wines of Europe.

It was a rough morning the day after, not gonna lie, but a great experience.

No comments: