Sunday, July 15, 2007

Our underwater friend & Roy's at Kihei

We had a little friend while scuba diving at Lanai.

This turtle was so cute! He swam around us & played for awhile.
Moving onto the food..

Mike & I decided that this was, by far, the best meal we had on the island. We went to Roy's Restaurant in Kihei. Created by Roy Yamaguchi, deemed Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine, had such a mixture of flavors, it was great!


We started off with a light appetizer that consisted of a beef rib, ahi tuna & an egg roll. Sorry for the dark pictures, restaurant ambiance.
Beef Rib

Ahi Tuna

Egg Roll


We had Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi in a lobster sauce:

and this one was a special & for the life me, I can not remember what it was. I think its a blackened yellow fin tuna:


And for dessert we had Macadamia Nut Tart



And Molten chocolate cake. I don't have a picture of the molten cake, but it is on his website.

So if you do make it Hawaii or have a Roy's in your area, definitely go!

1 comment:

Nemmie said...

This is so late in the game to post, but I just had to. Love the pic of the turtle! Very very cool.

Now back to schlepping my way through the rest of your blog... It's a very good one, by the way!