Thursday, July 19, 2007

Yah Man-Pork Tenderloin Island Style

I have a new found love for pork tenderloin. I don't think I will ever go back to pork chops. Pork tenderloin just tastes so juicy! After this diet is over, I think my first meal will be Elly's Pork Milanese! But until then, grilled or baked pork tenderloin will do.

Island Pork Tenderloin

16 oz pork tenderloin (lean)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chile powder (not to be confused with chili powder)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
1/4 cup of brown sugar (on a diet you ask?? yes I swear!)
1/2 Tbsp Tabasco

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix all ingredients, salt through cinnamon, together & coat pork with the spice rub
3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in skillet over high heat & the pork tenderloin. Turning about every 4-5 minutes
4. Stir together brown sugar, garlic, Tabasco & pat on top of tenderloin. Place pork in roasting pan & cook until done.


**Notes**I used a dutch oven so I wouldn't have to dirty two pans, yes lazy I know. I also didn't have any Tabasco sauce on hand so I used some cayenne pepper to give it some spice. I am a little leary on pork & deciding when it is done, so I use a meat thermometer. Also, to keep the juices in the meat, let it sit for about 5-7 minutes before cutting it. I used a little of the cumin vinaigrette to top it off. (see previous post)



I was pretty tired of broccoli as our main veggie with each meal, I decided to change it up with some zucchini.

Sauteed Zucchini
zucchini
a little EVOO
any spices you like
grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oil in a skillet, just enough oil to coat the pan. Slice zucchini. Add zucchini to pan, cook for about 5 minutes, tossing & turning along the way. Add your spices. Since I have an herb garden I just went out a grabbed some. I think we had rosemary, oregano, thyme & sage. Cook until zucchini is almost done, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments: