Wednesday, July 25, 2007

So tired of cooking...

I mean really, breakfast lunch & dinner. This is wearing me out people! I can't keep up with expectations of my customers (my husband is the only one). I am trying new things, but I really just want to make chicken saltimbocca or even penne vodka. Someday, Someday...

Last night I tried to make a mango-ginger salsa. I planned to serve it over grilled chicken that was seasoned with red pepper. I thought mixing the HOT with the SWEET would taste good. I am sure it did, I just didn't have the energy to eat yesterday, plus I think my mango was too ripe. I have never cooked with mango but this was a little mushy. Can you see it? Does it look mushy?


Of course I left the recipe at home but it goes something like this:
1 cup mango
1/2 to 1 cup tomatoes
1/2 onion chopped
fresh ginger minced
dry sherry- 2 Tbsp
White Vinegar- 1 1/2 Tbsp
1/4 cup lime juice
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
Mix it all together & let it sit for a bit so the ingredients can mesh.

Now, on the plus side of all this, my camera took AWESOME pictures tonight!!! So even though I didn't particularly like the dinner (this is probably more b/c I am tired of cooking & eating rather than how it tastes) it sure looks pretty yummy!



Oh I seasoned the chicken with cayenne pepper & cumin & served with fresh steamed cauliflower.

No comments: