Friday, July 20, 2007

Lots of rain= giant garden

Not that I am complaining, I love my garden! We have so many tomatoes & our herbs are plain crazy. The basil & sage are taking over the garden. So last night, with my new found love for pesto, I was looking around the kicthen & thought, I swear someone stuffed tomatoes with pesto, I must have read that on someone's blog. So if I stole your idea, I apologize in advance.

I had chicken defrosted & planned to grill b/c it was close to 100 degrees yesterday. Yes we are having random storms, then it heats up-its great for the hair I tell you. Anywho, I turned to Paul Purdomme again for a little flavor on the chicken (Meat Magic Seasoning).

Tired of broccoli & green beans, I had two heads of cauliflower so I cut one up & steamed them.


Then I made the aforementioned, Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes. All this I did by eyeing it so I dont have any real measurements.

Pesto
about 2 cups of fresh basil
2 handfuls of pine nuts
2 garlic cloves, chopped but not finely chopped
some parmesan cheese
some olive oil
Salt & Pepper

In a food processor, put in all basil leaves & puree. Add the rest of the ingredients & puree. If it looks thick, just add some more olive oil.

Tomatoes
I cut off the tops, & gutted them :-) I filled them about 3/4 full of pesto.

Then topped them with a mixture of breadcrumbs & parmesan cheese. I cooked these on the grill.
They were wonderful!

1 comment:

Ally said...

Your tomatoes look delicious!