Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mini Muffins!

Yowser! Its been awhile since I updated!! Sorry everyone! I have been cooking and such, just been busy! Plus I have been living off stir fry for the past few weeks, and if you recall from the last bought of P90X, I was pretty tired of posting about it.
Anyway, I received this great mini-muffin pan from my friend Kala for Christmas. Now, muffins are a total no on the diet, but I decided that a) I couldn't waste my bananas b) they are mini, thus mini-calories & c) it was a Christmas present I hadn't used yet!
In an effort to keep somewhat to the diet I tried to use something that didn't have butter in it.


I got this recipe for allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS
1 cup all-purpose flour ** I used whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup sour cream ** I used low fat sour cream
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together banana, sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in the sour cream. Stir banana mixture into flour until just combined. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool before serving. For best flavor, place in an airtight container or bag overnight.

Aren't they cute!

They were not greasy at all which is what I was looking for!!

No comments: