Friday, March 14, 2008

Thanks Dad!

My dad has discovered a new love of all that is cooking. If he was Internet savvy I would lead him to the blog-o-sphere that is all food related. He watched a lot of Food Network & has a special place in his heart for Paula Deen. But he is always concocting something at my parents house and its usually something that has to cook for hours upon end.

Last year some time, he made this spaghetti sauce but with pulled pork. It was so good! I mean, its not genius or anything, but I had never put those 2 things together. Usually when I have a pork tenderloin I roast it in the oven with some spices and call it good. So when I pulled out the tenderloin from the freezer & starting thinking of what to do with this, I went to spaghetti side.



I mentioned before I make my own marinara sauce. Its very easy to do and I have more control over the taste. Since I seasoned the pork with garlic, salt & pepper, I didn't add any to the sauce, but I did add some rosemary this time around & it added that pop of flavor that I really like.




Basically, you brown your pork tenderloin in a large pot/dutch oven. Pour the marinara sauce over the pork-it needs to be completely covered. Cook this on a simmer for at least one hour. You could easily do this in a crock pot, but I forgot about this method until 6pm. When the pork is completely cooked, pull it out of the sauce and shred it. Add it back to the sauce for about 30 more minutes. Serve over noodles. We used the Ronzoni Whole Wheat penne.

No comments: