Wednesday, March 26, 2008

ED: Classic Layered Salad

I needed a salad of some sort for the menu, something healthy right?? I found this recipe on Kraftfoods.com I didnt have a trifle bowl, but the Easter Bunny bought me one! And he bought me a cake stand too! I dont know how he knew I was without, but it was just in time!

Prep Time: 20
Total Time:3 hr 20
Makes:8 servings, 1 cup each
8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
1 small red onion, sliced, separated into rings
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed 1 pkg.
(6 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Smoked Ham, chopped
3/4 cup KRAFT Mayo Real Mayonnaise
1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup KRAFT Natural Three Cheese Crumbles
2 small tomatoes, chopped
LAYER lettuce, onions, peas and ham in large straight-sided clear glass serving bowl.

MIX mayo, Parmesan cheese and sugar. Spread over salad to seal; cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

TOP with cheese crumbles and tomatoes just before serving; toss gently.
** Since we were having spiral ham as one of our main meats, I used bacon in place of it here.**

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

I love a good layered salad. I actually made one for Easter this year too. It is in my blog if you want to check it out.
(amberskitchen.blogspot.com)