Friday, March 14, 2008

Irish Soda Bread!

Well I am trying to get into the spirit of the season! Spring is upon us, St. Patrick's Day is upon us, Easter is right around the corner-everything seems to be sneaking up on me!
I was perusing PopSugar yesterday and saw their post for Irish Soda Bread (actually on YumSugar but whatever) I was intrigued by the caraway seeds. I thought about leaving them out b/c I dont particularly like the way they taste, but the certainly lend well to this bread.

And while I was looking for the recipe I came across this gem: (yumsugar.com)
"Kym Douglas and Cindy Pearlman, authors of The Black Book of Hollywood Diet Secrets, appeared on The Early Show this morning to give away some of their secrets. While they mostly spilled the beans on diet tips, there was one thing that stood out to me: dishwasher salmon. That's right I said dishwasher. You just seal the fish up in foil, toss it in the dishwasher and let it go. The steam, along with a waste of power and water, cooks it through. Just be sure you don't use any soap.

If you think this sounds totally wacko then I should let you know that this is not the first time this has been done. Bob Blumer, aka The Surreal Gourmet, has poached salmon in more than 100 dishwashers on three continents. His recipe actually looks pretty good and comes complete with a piquant sauce. I don't know if I can actually endorse this method, it seems like a waste of energy, but I do think it would be fun to tell your guests you made it in the dishwasher. If you want to try it yourself, get his recipe when you read more
"

Um what?? I don't think I would ever do this!

No comments: