Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Yum Yum Enchilidas

I had some HB sitting out and needed to do something with it. I had intended to make mini-meat loves on Monday, but it was completely thawed so I had to wait. Tonight it was just too darn hot to leave the oven on for 45 minutes to an hour. So I perused my fave blogs and came across Amber's Kitchen. She had a recipe for Mexican Concoction & thus, dinner was served.


Beef and Rice Enchiladas
(Source: Amber's Kitchen)


Ingredients
8 flour tortillas (medium sized)
1 pound ground beef
2.5 cups seasoned rice (I cheated and used a pack of Lipton Sides "Taco Rice" and it was pretty tasty)
1-2 cups Mexican blend cheese
1 can (10oz) enchilada sauce
2-3 Tbls sour cream (optional)

Directions
1) Cook and season ground beef and prepare rice.
2) Warm the tortillas (I like to place them over the flame on my gas range for about 5-10 seconds on each side).
3) If desired, mix the can of enchilada sauce with the sour cream.
4) Put enough sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish so the tortillas will not stick. And preheat the broiler.
5) Assemble the enchiladas; lay out the tortilla and put down a bit of cheese, then some rice, then some ground beef, then a bit more cheese and some of the sauce. Roll up tight and place into the dish seam side down. Repeat this for the rest of the tortillas.
6) When they are all in the dish cover them with the sauce (amount to your liking) and top with cheese. Broil for ~10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly

** I used Lipton Spanish Rice, which has a bit more kick to it. I also did half the enchilidas with rice & half without**

2 comments:

~Amber~ said...

They look great. I am glad that you enjoyed them. They were so good that I think I will make them again soon.

Renea said...

Mmm I love some enchiladas!! I am making an enchilada casserole next week. Can't wait!