Tuesday, June 12, 2007

WC Platinum Chef Challenge

I am not sure if I did this right because I have a main dish, side & dessert. But only my side & dessert had the ingredients in it. So here goes:

Cara is hosting this weeks WC challenge. http://carascravings.blogspot.com/
Our ingredients are: basil, tomatoes, garlic, zucchini, nuts & strawberries.

My meal: Sauteed Veggies, Chicken Cordon Bleu & Strawberry Almond Parfait

Chicken: I just put some Southwestern Spice mix on the chicken & grilled it up. I added some slices of swiss cheese & ham on top, allowed to melt. Pretty easy.



Sauteed Veggies

My fresh ingredients
Basil-about 5 leaves
Garlic- about 2 cloves
Tomatoes: about 4 or 5 tomatoes, cored & seeded, diced Zucchini: 2 zucchinis, sliced and cut in half
Onions: 1 onion sliced & cut in half
Also used a little EVOO & tomato paste

Heat olive oil in a pan, add onions until they are translucent & soft, then add zucchini. About 5 minutes, add tomatoes, garlic & basil. Stir for about 5 minutes, add tomato paste.
Cover & cook for about 15 minutes.



Strawberry Almond Parfait

Ingredients:
Strawberries
1 banana
graham crackers
sliced almonds
Almond Extract

Slice up the strawberries & banana. Crushed the graham crackers. Mix a little bit of the almond extract with the vanilla yogurt. In the glasses layer graham crackers, strawberries, bananas, yogurt. It will probably take two layers. Top off with sliced almonds.

1 comment:

Renea said...

Looks awesome! I could go for some of those veggies right now...or that parfait!