Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Turkey Burgers

I have a new found love for ground turkey. I used to be biased, thinking it didn't taste like hamburger, but I am a changed woman. I have even used ground turkey in Sloppy Joe's & Spaghetti, my husband never notices the difference until I tell him.

My favorite is stuffed turkey burgers. I make variations of these. Last night I found a recipe for Southwest Turkey Burgers from the Kraft magazine & some BBQ Scalloped Potatoes. I changed a few things in the recipes.


Southwest Stuffed Turkey Burgers
1lb ground turkey
1 package taco seasoning
1 Tbsp mayo
A handful of Kraft Crumbles Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese

Mix the ground turkey, about 1/2 of the taco seasoning & the mayo together.
Make about 6 or 8 thin patties
On 1/2 of the patties top with cheese crumbles, use the other 1/2 of the patties to cover up the cheese. Pinch the sides together so the cheese doesn't fall out.
Grill over medium heat. I sometimes put a piece of foil down so the cheese doesn't cause too much fire.
We use just salsa as our topping, but you could do mexi-ranch (1/2 salsa & 1/2 ranch).

BBQ Scalloped Potatoes
1 baking potato
1 sweet potato
2/3 cup mayo
2/3 cup parmesan cheese

Slice the potatoes into about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.
Place in microwave safe dish with enough water to cover.
Microwave on high about 5-7 minute. * Depends on the thickness of your slices *
Spray heavy duty foil with non-stick spray. You are going to make a "packet" for the potatoes.
Drain the potatoes. Mix with the mayo & parmesan cheese.
Place mixture in the heavy duty foil packet.
Place on grill for about 20 minutes or until completely cooked.


My deviled eggs! An all time favorite with family & friends. My secret is adding dry hidden valley ranch seasoning. I don't really have a recipe. Just mayo, egg yolks and ranch. Mix well.

No comments: