Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Interesting Fact About Bananas

Did you know that a banana tree will only produce one bunch of bananas in it's lifetime. Once that bunch has been harvested, they chop down the tree. Appreciate your bananas!
That being said, I couldn't let the 2 bananas I had at home go to waste. So I made some banana bread. This is a recipe my mom has always used.

Ingredients

1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Cream together butter & sugar until smooth.
Add eggs and beat. Sift together dry ingredients & add to cream mixture alternately with bananas. Blend well after each addition. Stir in nuts if you choose to. Pour into a well greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. Test with a toothpick.

On a side note, last night I used baking soda as opposed to baking powder and I just realized it this morning.

3 comments:

~Amber~ said...

Looks great. I love banana bread.

Renea said...

Mmm one of my favorite things to bake!!

Renea said...

btw-I tagged your! Read my blog for more info!
sweet-savory-southern.blogspot.com