Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Garlic Chicken Stuffed Shells

Yesterday was a very "blah" day in KC. No sun, just lots of rain. I was craving some comfort food but knew we should eat somewhat healthy with our trip to Maui next week. I also refuse to go to the store before we leave b/c I know food will go to waste. I had the ingredients for the Garlic Chicken Stuffed Shells so I went with that but I halved the recipe.

Garlic and Chicken Stuffed Shells
20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
3 garlic cloves
2 chicken breast shredded
15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
1/6 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 springs fresh parsley
2 large basil leaves
1/6 cup fat free 1/2 & 1/2
16 oz Pasta Sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 375.
Cook pasta shells according to package, leaving slightly al dente. Drain.
Add ingredients garlic through half & half to a food processor and process until combined.
Spoon 1/2 the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.
Fill the cooked shells with ricotta mixture (about 2 Tbsp).
Spoon remaining sauce over shells & bake, covered with foil, for about 15-20 minutes.
Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese & bake for about 5-10 minutes.

Some Notes: I used Parmesan & a Kraft Italian Cheese mixture as topping. We also used a Tomato & Red Wine Pasta sauce from Viansa Winery. It was good, but the sauce was too robust for the this pasta dish. When I make this again, I will use a basic sauce with traditional spices.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

WOW! That looks amazing!

~Amber~ said...

Yummmy, these look really good. Thank you for sharing.