Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Stay out of the water!

My karma theory is that if I eat shark, I should not swim for at least 6 months. I dont want karma to come & bite me in the a$$, literally! I made shark forgetting that I will be in Florida in a few weeks-every keep their fingers crossed!

Menu for a Saturday Night at Home:
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Mako Shark

Tomato Lentil Cous Cous

Roasted Red Pepper Soup
1 cups white wine
1/2 onion, chopped
3 roasted red peppers
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 plum tomato, chopped
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 cup fat-free, lo-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp Thyme (fresh or dried)
pinch of salt & pepper

1. Preheat oven to 375, cut red peppers in half, spray with Misto (olive oil) & place in over for about 30 mins (I think)
2. Heat wine in a large heavy soup pot. Add onions, celery & peppers. Cook for 3 mins. Add garlic, cook for another 2 mins. add more wine if you need to.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste & broth. Cover & bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Puree soup in a blender. Return to pot, add thyme, s&p; heat through.





Tomato Lentil CousCous
Made by Far East, follow directions on box. I omit olive oil anytime I make couscous.


Mako Shark
Fire up the grill! I seasoned the shark with Paul Purdomme's Seafood magic, put in on the grill, about 7 mins each side.

Delicious! I will be making shark again sometime!!





No comments: