Monday, July 16, 2007

Shrimp Stir-Fry



Since DH & I are on different calorie intakes, the amounts vary between him & I, but I will just post the recipe for mine.

Ingredients
6 oz shrimp, peeled & deveined
1/4 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp rice vinegar
1/4 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1/2 cup red onions, sliced in wedges
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 1/4 cups snow peas
1 1/2 cup mushrooms, halved
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, cubed
1/4 cup canned water chestnuts, sliced

1. Rinse shrimp & drain well
2. heat soy sauce, rice vinegar & 2 Tbsp of chicken broth in saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic & ginger, saute until tender.
3. Add all veggies to pan & continue to saute, stirring, adding more broth if needed. Add shrimp when the veggies are 1/2 way cooked.

Top with 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds & 1 oz cashews.
Notes: This was my first experience with fresh ginger & I LOVED it! I can't wait to use it again!

1 comment:

Renea said...

That looks fantastic!!