Monday, July 16, 2007

Salmon with lemon dill sauce, wild rice & steamed broccoli



Salmon:
Me: 6 oz Salmon
DH: 8 oz Salmon
I just grilled these on the George Foreman.

Lemon Dill Sauce:
1/4 cup shallots
1 cup white wine
1 cup fat free, low sodium chicken broth
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemongrass, minced*
1/2 Tbsp fresh dill

1. Spray saute pan with Misto & saute shallots until soft, moisten with wine if necessary
2. Add remaining wine & reduce by 1/2. Add chicken broth & reduce by 1/2 again.
3. Blend mixture in blender until smooth
4. Add lemon juice & simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir in dill.
**Ok I never found lemongrass at the store, also, I was a bad chef & didn't read the directions beforehand. I didn't have 30 mins to wait, so I decided to take about 1 Tbsp of lo-fat mayo & 2 Tbsp of the sauce, mix it together & serve it with the salmon.**

Wild rice was from Rice-a- Roni, I just steamed fresh broccoli.

No comments: