Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shrimp Phyllo Cups

I know a lot of the rage has been the Philly Shrimp Dip from Kraft. I needed to make a snack for the baby shower & I remembered one of the mommies loves goat cheese. We also had way too many dips for the shower. So I took the philly shrimp dip and adapted it.

I took phyllo dough & cut into squares. Phyllo dough is a serious pain to work with. Maybe mine was already dried out, I don't know, but dang it was annoying! Take 5 sheets of phyllo dough, butter each layer, then cut into squares that will fit in you muffin tin with some excess on top.

Bake in the oven for about 8 mins or until golden brown. Then cool on a cooling rack.
Next, whip the goat cheese so it has a lighter consistency. If you have a pastry bag, use that, but I just used a ziploc bag with a hole cut in it to fill the phyllo cup.

Then I dabbed the top with some cocktail sauce, & placed 4 salad shrimps on top of that. I sprinkled them with some chopped parsley for some color. It was so pretty!

Next time I will use my mini-muffin pan, as these were quite large. You really needed a knife & fork to eat them.

No comments: