Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rockstar And Angel Chicken

My friend Leslie shared this great recipe with me awhile back.
I had some Golden Mushroom soup on hand at home & some chicken thawed so I was halfway there with the recipe.

This was delicious & so easy. My picture is a little yellow and to explain,I used too much butter. Now, in my defense, I picked up some butter at Sam's Club back at Easter when I knew I would need a lot. I did not check to make sure they were divided into sticks. So I have basically been guessing how much is a tablespoon & what not. I also had to use Sherry, as I didn't have any white wine in the house. A catastrophe I know! So I think that added to the yellow-ish of the dish. Anyway, I swear it tasted good!


Angel Chicken
Leslie

6 chicken breasts
1/4 c. melted butter
1 packet dry Italian salad dressing mix
1/2 c white wine
1 can golden mushroom soup
4 oz. cream cheese
1 T. chives
2 c. steamed broccoli
1 lb angel hair pasta

In a 9x13 pan, place chicken in a single layer. Melt butter and combine with next 5 ingredients. Pour over chicken. Bake at 325 for 60 minutes. In the last 10 minutes of cooking, steam the broccoli and cook the pasta. When done cooking, drain pasta. Toss broccoli and pasta together, serve chicken breast on top with sauce.

No comments: