Monday, June 30, 2008

Soup in the Summer???

Yes. I am crazy. I made a soup/stew in the middle of the summer. But near me out. I ran out of gas in the propane grill. I was feeling lazy & needed to use up some veggies in the house.

I had one of those Zataran's Gumbo mixes and thought it would be too bland if I just added smoked sausage & shrimp. I noticed at the bottom of the box, they had a recipe for New Orleans Stew. It called for chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery & onions on top of the gumbo mix.

I adjusted instead added smoked sausage, shrimp, carrots, potatoes & some green onions. This was super simple & very quick. About 30 mins cook time, like 10 mins prep time. And it was enough for dinner for 2 & lunch for 3.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Sounds like a great dish any time of year! Thanks for sharing :)