Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Radish Slaw


From my previous post about our radish, I needed to come up with something to make with them. We had already done a few salads with radishes, eaten them by themselves. I needed something creative.
I found a radish slaw w/ dill dressing from cookinglight. Well as luck would have it, I have an abundance of dill in my garden!

Ingredients
4 cups shredded radishes (about 40 radishes)
2 cups finely chopped yellow bell pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper


Preparation
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over slaw; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.

This tasted like any slaw I have had in the past. I will tell you this much, it does not keep well, so only make enough for you to eat that one night.

No comments: