Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back In Action!

Just as I vow to visit the gym 3 times a week I vow to update my blog at least twice a week, I don't want to be too ambitious this summer ;)
This salad is based off a recipe I received from my friend Sarah. The hubs & i do not eat enough fruit. I thought maybe if I snuck them into a salad he would be more obliged to eat them. He does love my summer spinach & strawberry salad.
Its an apple-cheddar tossed salad.

Ingredients
4 cups torn mixed salad greens--> I only had spinach
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon chopped red apple
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon cubed Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted --> I decided to candy these.
HONEY DRESSING:
1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon honey
2-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated onion
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apple, cheese and walnuts. In a blender or food
processor, combine the first eight dressing ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a
steady stream. Serve with salad.

*I was not in the mood to make the salad dressing so I just used my blush vinaigrette. This was delicious! Look at how colorful it is!


I'll be making it again for sure.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oooh...I'm not a huge fruit fan but I love it in salads. This looks great!

Stacey said...

Yum Jules! That looks delicious!