Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Karft Food & Family

I receive the Kraft Food & Family magazine quarterly. I love getting it b/c it does give me some good ideas, but a lot of the recipes call for pre-packaged foods. Something I am not a fan of. But since I refuse to go the grocery store, pre-packaged foods have been my friend.

The latest F&F creation was the "Easy Layered Taco Bake". I really don't see what makes it "layered". When I think of layers I think of 6 layers of lasagna, or a 3 layer cake. Not meat on the bottom, mac N cheese on top. But, to each their own.


1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. (1.25 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Mild Salsa (We used our homemade salsa)
HEAT oven to 400ºF. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. Cook meat with taco seasoning.

LAYER seasoned meat, Dinner and salsa in 8-inch sq. baking dish.

BAKE 20 min

I ended up not being able to make dinner the night we ate this, so the Hubs cooked it up. He was pretty proud of himself & to be quite honest, it was pretty tasty. Not healthy, but quite tasty.

No comments: