Friday, August 8, 2008

Garden Update!

I know some of my readers love to hear about my garden. I am so very very lucky to have a husband with a green thumb, b/c the garden would be sad if I was in charge of it!

This was last Sunday's harvest.

We pulled out quite a bit of stuff & replanted the following: carrots, radishes, another squash & zucchini plant, and some more green onions. The squash & zucchini plants already have started sprouting!

The tomatoes. yes that is a deep sink full of them. I made some marinara sauce from these, I'll have a follow-up post with that.

We tried carrots this year. They were pretty successful.

I think we planted some of the seeds to closely together. Here are the normal ones, all cleaned up:
And the not so normal ones. I think they look like teeth:


Other than that, we just had a ton of herbs that I froze for the mid-season harvest.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Impressive!! You and Mike need to come over and teach Matt how to plant a garden. He couldn't get a good garden growing to save his life. :(

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, the mutant carrots are hilarious! They look like they have legs and will walk off the counter!