Friday, November 30, 2007

Drewie + Nemmie=YUMMY

My two friends, Drewie & Nemmie created dinner for us tonight. I said "This is good" Hubs said "Don't use the g word, its yummalicious" then proceeded to tell me this was the best rabbit food he had ever had. So, what did we have??
Drewie's Gorgonzola Chicken Alfredo & Nemmie's Chopped Salad(with some adjustments)

I won't post the recipe, but the salad dressing was amazing, I will use it again for sure. I omitted the pasta & chicken, since we were already having that in the main dish. And I didn't add green onions b/c we don't like raw onions.

Drewie's Gorgonzola Chicken Alfredo

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts2 cups cooked penne pasta
1 pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 jar Alfredo sauce (or you make your own)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
1 Tbsp butter

Cook the pasta according to directions.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Season the chicken with some S&P, saute in olive oil until done, then cut into strips. I cut into strips first then sauteed them. Remove from pan.
Saute mushrooms in the same pan you cooked the chicken in, until deep brown color. Remove mushrooms from pan.
Melt butter in the pan & add garlic. Cook until tender.
Add Alfredo sauce to the butter & garlic, add Gorgonzola cheese and stir until the cheese is completely melted.
Stir everything together & pour into casserole dish.
Bake for 20 mins.
On a side note, I can not wait to get my photobox so my pictures don't look yellow! Eating in the midwest any time after 5pm means no natural light, so my pictures are looking yellow :-(

No comments: