Thursday, November 8, 2007

Baked Penne

This is what happens when you have a little bit of this and a little bit of that leftover in the fridge.


Last week we had spaghetti for dinner and I had some of the sauce leftover. I had some ricotta cheese in the fridge, some other shredded cheese and 2 italian sausages. I had some homemade marinara in the freezer so I pulled that out too. And voila

Delicious! I boiled the italian sausages & sliced them into bite size pieces. I cooked the corkscrew pasta until al dente. Then I combined the leftover spaghetti sauce, the marinara sauce, the ricotta cheese & other cheeses and the pasta in a bowl. Mix well. Place in a baking dish & cook at 350-375 for about 30 mins or until bubbly. I sprinkled the bake with more cheese and let it get nice and brown.

We also had a hlaf a loaf of french baguette, so I spread some butter & garlic powder on it, wrapped it in foil & placed it in the oven with the pasta bake.
So easy, great use of leftovers & delicious!

No comments: