Monday, February 2, 2009

Onion Roasted Potatoes

This is a nice quick side dish that I have been enjoying since college. My roommate introduced me to this and we would eat it as a full meal.

First you need some potatoes, either regular or red. if you are using regular, peel them. Dice those bad boys up into about 1" thick pieces.

Now put the potatoes in a plastic bag or tupperware container, drizzle with olive oil, probably a lot. Then dump in a package of Lipton Onion Soup mix. Toss it all up. You may need more olive oil if the powder is still present.

Dump this onto a foil lined cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray) & bake in the oven for about 25 minutes at 415F. They should look crispy but not burnt.

3 comments:

Nemmie said...

I used to do this a lot in college too! Still love it (to be fancy, sometimes I'll go at potatoes with a melon baller).

The buffalo chicken looks awesome too!

Anonymous said...

My mom used to make potatoes like this a lot when I was a kid, and it's still one of my favorite ways to roast potatoes. It's equally good on carrots, and you can also use the same recipe on the grill. We just make foil packets for the potatoes, prepare them the same way, and grill until tender. It's a great tip for camping.

Stephanie said...

I have made these before and love them!

...also I nominated you for the Lemonade Award! Head over to my blog to receive your award!