Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tater Tot Casserole

My husband is born & bred Midwest. He loves steak & potatoes, a dish isn't a meal unless it has meat & his favorite foods are any kind of casserole. Since I am attempting to stretch our dollar & make some simple quick meals, Kraft Food Family has come in handy. Some of the meals I'll be making are not my norm. They will be casseroles & simple things, yet still tasty.

First up was tater tot casserole. The hubs found it entertaining that I had never made this before, yet I can make fettuccine alfredo from scratch. He said he usually makes it with just green beans & not mixed veggies. I think its because he only likes green beans.

Tater-Topped Casserole
Kraft Food & Family
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 lb. (1/2 of 32-oz. pkg.) frozen bite-size seasoned potato nuggets

HEAT oven to 375ºF. Brown meat with onions in large skillet, stirring occasionally; drain. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole dish.

MIX soup and milk; pour over meat mixture. Top with layers of vegetables, cheese and potatoes.

BAKE 45 min. or until potatoes are golden brown and casserole is heated through.



This is super easy, you can keep all the ingredients on hand & they won't go bad, plus you will have some leftovers.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh we were just talking about this!!! My hubby wants tater tot casserole too lately! I haven't had it in ages.