Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What is it you say? Thanksgiving was this past weekend?

Well in my house it was! I was desperate for something other than chicken & fish. I had a whole turkey breast in my deep freeze and pulled it out on Thursday night to defrost. I knew I would have all day on Sunday to bake it since the hubs and the IL's were going to be working on our basement (yeah for a fourth bedroom!) So about 11am I started seasoning the turkey breast with a roman rub I recieved from Viansa. I let this "marinate" for about 30-45 minutes then popped it in the oven for about 6 hours at 300. I didnt set a timer, just used my handy dandy meat thermometer and carried on with my day.
I served this with some mashed potatoes (made with skim milk of course), green beans and some stuffing. Used a little gravy and voila, its thanksgiving for 2 in February. All of this was diet friendly minus the stuffing. The turkey was amazing, so moist & great flavor.

Now I have tons of turkey leftover so be prepared for some turkey recipes to appear :)

2 comments:

Average Jane said...

That sounds delicious! I may have to roast a turkey breast this weekend.

Nemmie said...

Yum! I want Thanksgiving in February too. Got any leftovers?

And... you've been tagged :) See my blog for more details.