Monday, December 24, 2007

Ragin Cajun Jambalaya!

This is such a simple, yet delicious meal. I made it last year sometime & just kept forgetting about it. I like my jambalaya with shrimp and smoked sausage, but you can do chicken and sausage, like the recipe calls for. I will say, ro-tel is hot when not mixed with Velevetta. Yowser! The original recipe is from Ro-Tel, but I have changed it a bit so I'll just say, its mine.

Rajin' Cajun Jambalaya
1 pkg smoked sausage, cut into slices
approximately 2 cups shrimp cooked, with no tails
1 medium onion chopped
1 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans of Ro-Tel original
1 14 oz can tomato sauce
13-14 oz of chicken broth
4 servings of prepare minute rice

In a large saucepan, drizzle with olive oil and saute the onions & garlic. Add the sausage, ro-tel, tomato sauce & chicken broth; bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer, add prepared rice. Let simmer for about 20 minutes. Add shrimp about 5 minutes before you are ready to serve, otherwise it will come out chewy.

No comments: