Thursday, September 6, 2007

Forgetten Pie

I hate it when this happens! I also said I would make dessert for the family BBQ on Sunday. I had the cooler packed, the car loaded up, DH & I were off!
We get to my parents house & start unloading, when I exclaim "M! Where is the pie??" As M says " um, its not in the cooler? why isn't it in there?" Yeah, it was sitting on the counter at my house.


Luckily, my SIL made brownies so we had a back-up dessert and my hubby's cousin lives in the area, so she went by the house to put the pie back in the freezer.



We finally had a piece last night and it was delicious! I so love Cooking Light! This pie was on the front of the August 2007 issue. Mine looks a bit different, but tasted wonderful! Light & fluffy, but still rich with peanut butter taste.



Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

Ingredients
1 2/3 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 8 1/2 cookie sheets)
7 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
2/3 cup reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 (8-ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
3 tablespoons finely chopped salted, dry-roasted peanuts
1/4 cup shaved milk chocolate (about 1 ounce)

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and egg whites; toss with a fork until moist. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Prick crust with a fork before baking. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack.

Combine milk and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly; transfer mixture to a bowl. Add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring with a whisk until combined. Cover and chill 30 minutes.

Place cream cheese in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk mixture, beating on low speed until combined. Fold in whipped topping; pour mixture into prepared piecrust. Freeze, uncovered, 8 hours or overnight or until hard. Sprinkle with peanuts and shaved chocolate. Transfer pie to refrigerator 30 minutes before slicing.

Yield
10 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 259(30% from fat); FAT 8.7g (sat 1.9g,mono 3.8g,poly 2g); PROTEIN 9.4g; CHOLESTEROL 2mg; CALCIUM 136mg; SODIUM 249mg; FIBER 1.6g; IRON 0.6mg; CARBOHYDRATE 35.5

**My Notes: I was short on time so I used a pre-made oreo pie crust. I also used all natural peanut butter**



No comments: