Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What a sad, sad plate

So I am trying to be positive and promote healthy eating and such. Well. This dish, while good, sure looks plain & boring. I wanted to make a Chicken Cordon Bleu. Chicken is on the diet, ham & 2% Mozz cheese. Easy enough right? We had a busy Sunday and didn't get home until late. I was feeling too lazy to actually pound & stuff the chicken, so I figured I would just saute it and place the cheese & ham on top.


Don't get me wrong, this is really good! Just the pictures don't do it justice & served with only green beans-BORING! If you aren't watching your carb intake, I say have a baked potato or even garlic mashed potatoes would be delicious.

Anyway, I made this recipe up so there isn't much to it.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken Breast
Deli Ham
2% Mozz cheese
about 1/4 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
S&P

Bring a saute pan to high heat. Trim any excess fat off the chicken. Season one side of the chicken with salt & pepper. Place seasoned side down in the pan. Sear for about 3-5 minutes. While that side is searing, season the other side with S&P. Flip chicken over & sear. Reduce heat to medium & add wine. Let this boil off. Then add chicken broth, reduce heat to low, cover & simmer for about 20 minutes. (My chicken breasts were very thick so I needed to cook them for quite some time. In order to keep them moist, I used the chicken broth) Once the chicken is fully cooked, top with mozz cheese & ham. Cover again, for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

No comments: