Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Recipes to share

This is another no photo blog, but I wanted to get a few recipes out here so I can come back to them later. I was going through my google reader today & saw someone post a recipe (with a link back to my blog) that I made a long time ago (uh 2008!) and realized a) I really liked that recipe & will make it next week and b) thank god I can just dig up old posts for my recipes.

Just 2 to add here.
Orange Beef & Broccoli -> We realized that my son LOVES chinese food. Something with a little kick to it but also sweet and I think he just really likes rice. We went to a chinese buffet a few weekends ago & I believe he ate more than I did. So I knew this recipe would be a hit-and it was really quick to make.

Veggie Cold Pizza-> This has to be one of my favorite appetizers. Its the healthier option when at a party and really, I just love. I made this for my book club. I am sure there is a recipe out there but I'll just type up the one my friend Jen sent to me

2 cans crescent rolls
1 8 oz cream cheese (I used the 1/3 less fat)
1/2 cup sour cream (light is what I used)
2 Tbsp mayo
2 T green onions
1 pkg ranch mix
Any chopped veggies you like (cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots)

Line a cookie sheet w/ foil & spray it with Pam/Crisco whatever.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Press the uncooked crescent rolls into the pan so they form a nice base-make sure the seems all meet yup.
Bake for 12 minutes
Mix the rest of the ingredients, minus the chopped veggies, in a bowl.
After the crescent rolls have cooled, spread the cream cheese mix on them.
Top with your chopped veggies!

As a side note, we have joined Door to Door Organics through my work. I love it! The beef & broccoli recipe was made with organic oranges & broccoli & I used the broccoli on my veggie pizza too. There are 2 things I love about D2D. 1) It gets delivered to my office. 2) I get a variety of fruits & veggies I wouldn't normally try. Meyer lemons, mangoes, blood oranges, red pears. While I see these things at the grocery store, its not like i ever actively seek them out. So its fun to try new things with the produce I receive.

No comments: