Wednesday, April 8, 2009

2 things, but no pictures

I thought I would slide these two in between some picture posts.

I needed to make something spicy-you know-kick labor into gear & all. It was snowing on Sunday-again. So a soup sounded good. I was going to go a tortilla soup, but then I came across this chiptole pepper soup on Cara's blog. This was really good. I added more chicken broth b/c it didn't seem to make as much as I wanted.

Secondly, in my bored state, I made some sugar cookies. I used this recipe from Ms Nemmie over at Cast Sugar. I omitted the zest & just used vanilla. They were pretty crispy, but they kept their shape and I never have a sugar cookie keep its shape, so this will go into the Christmas cookie rotation.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I had the same problems with those cookies when I made them back over Christmas, but I just lowered the baking time to 4-5 min and they came out perfectly.